A Fine Man Once Said:

"Part of the 10 million I spent on gambling, part of it on booze, and part of it on women. The rest I spent foolishly."

- George Raft





Sunday, February 17, 2013

At the MRket Show: Alfred Sargent




Stepping down from the stand after my complimentary shine at the MRket trade show, a well-dressed gentleman stopped me to compliment me on my shoes - my Edward Green Dover boots as it just so happened. The gentleman in question turned out to be Chay Cooper, Alfred Sargent's Product Director. We continued our conversation at the Alfred Sargent booth and I had a chance to look over some truly lovely models from the Exclusive collection. The craftsmanship on these shoes is very impressive - I thought the lasts succeeded in conveying an understated elegance. But I was particularly intrigued by the narrow waist on the sole, a unique characteristic that one doesn't see everyday on standard ready-to-wear models.



Mr. Cooper's passion for shoe-making and amiable nature becomes readily apparent after only a few minutes of conversation, and he was kind enough to agree to answer a wide-range of questions for An Uptown Dandy. I'll be posting the first part of that interview later in the week, to be followed by part two and a review of a pair of shoes from Alfred Sargent's Exclusive range.



In the meantime, I hope these images from the MRket show, featuring some of Alfred Sargent's wonderful creations, will tide you over in the meantime.




No comments:

Post a Comment