A Fine Man Once Said:

"Part of the 10 million I spent on gambling, part of it on booze, and part of it on women. The rest I spent foolishly."

- George Raft





Thursday, December 22, 2011

Vintage Edward Green: The Collection (Volume II)


Some of you may recall that a few months ago, I posted a collection of images of some of the vintage Edward Green shoes that I've been lucky enough to come across in thrift shops or eBay (the original post at An Uptown Dandy can be viewed here). Since then, I've managed to find a few more vintage Edward Green shoes, and thought now would be as good a time as any to post pics.






My comments on the first collection still apply. In some cases, the shoes some wear, in other cases they look almost new (in my opinion). I'm usually looking for some feature that you don't really see Edward Green featuring on more recent models, although its always interesting to compare a vintage model with its more recent counterpart. The shoes featured here are from a variety of companies that no longer supply shoes made by Edward Green, including Cole Haan, Paul Stuart, Wildsmith, and Brooks Brothers (via its now-defunct Brooks English line of shoes).





As with the shoes from Part One, I'll plan on posting more detailed summaries and photos of the shoes shown above, (hopefully) sometime in the New Year.



2 comments:

  1. Dandy, I share your preference for chestnuts, cognacs and burgundys- they're colors that go so well with traditional English styles. thanks for sharing. NC

    ReplyDelete
  2. NC,
    Thanks for the comment!

    Yes, I was long ago seduced by the wonderful shades of brown available from the various Northampton shoe companies. At this very moment, there is one very lonely pair of black handgrade semi-brogue shoes from Crockett & Jones sitting on a shelf in my closet. And not surprisingly, they are virtually unworn :-)
    Dan F. (An Uptown Dandy)

    ReplyDelete